Come join us at the Forest Mall Art Museum for the opening of our IB Diploma students' art exhibition on 24 March 2017 from 1800-2000. It will be a fantastic show, but if you miss it, the exhibition will continue until 12 April 2017. Come and celebrate an artistic evening! Click here for the flyer and more information.
NIS students are involved in a range of Athletic conferences.These include:
- ACAMIS – This is our main High School Athletic Conference. This is a homestay conference which means once every 2 years we host teams from other parts of China and our teams will be staying in host family houses when we travel to tournaments. Go to www.acamis.org for more details.
- CISSA – This is our main Middle School Athletic Conference. It is Shanghai based with two age groups; Junior (Grade 5 – 6) and Senior (Grade 7 – 8). We normally finish our season with a trip to Shanghai to participate in a CISSA tournament.
- SCISAC-This is a 6-school hotel-stay conference for Grade 8-9. We participate in 3 tournaments a year. The sports are : Volleyball, Basketball and Soccer.
- SISAC – This is a High School, Shanghai-based organisation. We normally compete in a range of the tournaments organised by SISAC and this may vary from year to year; normally Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer and Badminton as a minimum. X-Country and Track & Field are also included.
- Shanghai Swim League (SSL) – this is a group of international schools who organise and host a series of swim competitions throughout the year for students from Grade 3 and upwards. We are an integral part of this league and will host events and travel to events though the school year.
We take part in a wide range of sports. Currently this includes: Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Badminton, Swimming, Track & Field, X-Country Running and, Touch Rugby..
The most important aspects of all our programmes are learning and participation through a philosophy of inclusion. Coaches will do their best to ensure that this philosophy is at the heart of their programme. Sportsmanship and fair play are central to what we teach our athletes. At CISSA level, equal inclusion and participation is fundamental and as we progress through SCISAC, SISAC and ACAMIS programs, the balance of playing time may change to reflect the more competitive nature of these events.
To find out more about all our Athletics Programmes go to: http://share.nanjing-school.com/athletics/