Here at NIS we are fully committed to the process of continual improvement in order to offer the best possible education to our students. Accreditation offers us the opportunity to reflect on our practice and to maintain the excellence of our academic programme in line with the highest international standards. Gaining external validation of the quality of our school programme is achieved through the accreditation process.
During the school year 2016/17, NIS will be engaged in a thorough course of reflection as we complete our self-study in preparation for reaccreditation in September 2017. This will involve all of our teaching staff, the Board, parents and students and will culminate in a Team Visit in September 2017 by members of our accrediting agencies, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC – USA), Council of International School (CIS- Europe) and the National Centre for Curriculum and Textbooks (NCCT- China).
In October 2015 we had our Preparatory Visit. These quotes are from the Preparatory report.
The School's Strengths
- The commitment by the NIS Board, Director, Senior Leadership Team and staff to continuous improvement
- A clear statement of Vision that is accessible to all members of the school community
- An inclusive community with a strong sense of pride in the school
- A strong and genuine commitment to international mindedness that guides all school actions
- A strong and visionary Director who is supported by a highly effective Senior Leadership Team dedicated to realising the school Vision and improving student outcomes
- The school's commitment to enabling all students to access the curriculum at a level that will challenge and engage them fully as participants in the learning process
- The support provided by the school for the development of student fluency in a wide range of languages, including mother tongues
- The attractive and purposefully designed school environment and outstanding school facilities and resources that are aligned with the school Vision
- The school's commitment to providing a safe, healthy, environmentally sustainable, secure environment that is clean and well-maintained